Saturday, January 12, 2013

Indoor Campfire

Pin It

Yesterday we had a "campfire" in our apartment.  It was really easy to put together and provided some fun entertainment.  Next time I think we just might have to put together a little tent and sing kumbaya haha.

To make the fire I used toilet paper and paper towel rolls.  Technically I painted them with brown paint, but it turns out the brown was pretty much the same color as the rolls so it made very little difference.  I was planning on just using tissue paper for the flames, but I didn't have any orange tissue paper and we couldn't have an all red fire :)  So I threw in some colored foam.  I just stacked everything, but if you really wanted to, you could glue everything in place.

We laid out a brown blanket and pretended it was dirt.

For the marshmallows, I used 2 white pipe-cleaners each and wrapped them around some paintbrushes.  You could use real sticks or pencils or anything else you have lying around the house.

Then you roast yourself up some marshmallows!

If you had different colors of pipe-cleaners you could also use red or pink or brown to make yourself some "hotdogs" to cook as well.    

No comments: